- « "I think I have just the man for you. Captain Wilder; he's a fine soldier and an excellent leader of men." »
- — Christine Johnson trying to promote Wilder as the new ARC team leader[src]
At Christine's headquarters, when a captive Future Predator was being experimented on, awoke and broke free, Wilder warned Johnson that their Cloaking Device would have to be suspended to electrocute the Predator. Johnson ignored the warning and had the Predator electrocuted anyway.He was later reunited with Becker when the Anomaly Research Centre team (Jenny, Connor, Abby and Becker) arrived at his Headquarters looking for Johnson's anomaly. Christine enquired about Becker and Wilder's past relationship and suggested that Becker might get a chance to work with him again. Christine later suggested Wilder, to James Lester, as a replacement for the ARC's recently deceased team leader, Nick Cutter.
Wilder travelled to the ARC with Johnson and Mark Baker. He sent Baker to search the ARC for the Artifact but later witnessed him turn into a fungus creature. He told Christine that he had placed two of his men inside the ARC on the maintenance team to also search for the Artifact. Later, Lester made Danny Quinn the new team leader, instead of him (partly to spite Christine).
Captain Wilder travelled to the future through Christine's Anomaly, where he captured Eve whilst the ARC team fled the Megopterans, and returned with her to his Headquarters in the present. He gave Christine, Eve's diary and Anomaly Opening Device, which he also managed to recover from the future.
At the Headquarters, Christine ordered Wilder to guard Eve. Whilst doing this, he noticed Danny Quinn hiding behind an air vent. When he went to look he was knocked down by Danny. After, he told Christine of this, he travelled with her to the ARC to arrest Danny and recover Eve, when the latter revealed herself to be Helen Cutter and took Johnson hostage. Wilder pointed his gun at Helen, but did not fire.
- Episode 3.4 (first appearance)
- Episode 3.5
- Fire and Water (mentioned)
- Episode 3.8
- Episode 3.9 (apparent latest appearance)
- Episode 3.10 (possible corpse appearance)
- While Wilder apparently did not appear in Episode 3.10, it is believed that one of the people killed by some Megopterans in Johnson's headquarters, was Wilder. However this has never been confirmed or denied.
- ITV admitted that they intended to give Wilder a bigger role as his file was on the Primeval ITV website, telling fans about Wilder and his full details. But only for a few days though as this was after Series 3 had ended and the website changed quite soon after that.
- Wilder's first name, "Joseph", was never named onscreen and in the credits, he was just called Captain Wilder. His full name was revealed on the ITV website.