|Home time period||Late Cretaceous period|
|Creature type||Theropod Dinosaur|
|Deaths caused||See full list below|
|Appearances|| Extinction Event|
One of the largest predatory dinosaurs of all time, Tyrannosaurus is a deadly predator with a massive skull and a bite more powerful than any land animal before or after it. Tyrannosaurus is shown to hunt its prey using stealth and cunning surprising for such a large animal. (Extinction Event) However, as seen with the T. Rex that appeared during Convergence, Tyrannosaurus loses its stealth when in a panic. (Episode 5.5)
Once it has locked its sights on a prey item, Tyrannosaurus will pursue its victim swiftly and silently despite its large size, with little chance of escape. T. Rex is so deadly that its very presence can be disturbing to some smaller animals, who will go into a state of complete silence when the predator is nearby. (Extinction Event) Tyrannosaurus is a very resistant creature, as it took nearly a dozen direct EMD shots to knock a T. Rex out. (Episode 5.5) Tyrannosaurus apparently also has a very strong metabolism, as the Baba Yaga T. Rex recovered from a tranquiliser within minutes. (Extinction Event)
At least two Tyrannosaurus came through an Anomaly to the forests of Siberia in the 20th - 21st Century, including a female referred to as Baba Yaga. The Baba Yaga T. Rex wreaked havoc, killing a Torosaurus infant and eleven people in June 2008, before killing a male Tyrannosaurus which killed Medyevin.
Baby Yaga also attacked a Russian military camp and killed three of the Russian military before giving chase to Abby Maitland and Nick Cutter, who tranquilised her only for her to awake and recover within a matter of minutes. The Baba Yaga T. Rex continued to live in the Siberian forests even after the forest fire.In the Late Cretaceous, one Tyrannosaurus killed a Pachycephalosaurus directly in front of Jenny Lewis, Helen Cutter and their military escorts. Nick Cutter, Connor Temple, Abby Maitland, and a team of scientists and Russian military saw another Tyrannosaurus killing an Anatotitan in the Cretaceous.
When Convergence started, a T. Rex came through an Anomaly into Central London in the present day and rampaged through Baker Street Plaza. It ate fleeing citizens in the streets and fatally attacked Lucy. Later, when Jenna tried to return to Lucy's body, the T. Rex attacked her, but Matt Anderson drove his car right in front of it, and tripped it up for a few moments before it got back up.Jenna hid in Matt's car as the T. Rex investigated, and Matt shot it multiple times directly in its mouth with an EMD until it collapsed. Presumably, the T. Rex either died from the EMD shots, was put in the ARC's Menagerie, or was returned through the Anomaly.
Matt Anderson mentioned that the largest version of the EMD, when at full power, could take down a T. Rex.
- Eleven unnamed people
- One Torosaurus infant
- Nikolai Medyevin
- Three Russian soldiers
- One Pachycephalosaurus
- One Anatotitan
- One or more London citizens
- This dinosaur cause more deaths than any other dinosaur in the series and creature in the novels. However, if one includes the twelve people the Spring-Heeled Jack Raptor killed in the original timeline before Matt stopped it, then the Raptors would have killed more people than the T. Rex. Without the twelve people, it would have killed seventeen people, the same amount as the T. Rex.
- Tyrannosaurus has been mentioned more times than any dinosaur. In fact, T. Rex has been mentioned seven times, but has only appeared three times.
- The scene where the T. Rex trips on Matt's car is reminiscent of a scene in Episode 3.4 where the Giganotosaurus trips on Connor's truck while chasing him. It's also noticeable that the T. Rex fell while chasing Jenna and yet dragged itself on the ground, still trying to get her, while the Giganotosaurus fell while chasing Connor and took under ten seconds to recover.
- T. Rex is the first dinosaur to kill a child.
- Even though Baba Yaga from Extinction Event was described as a very silent and stealthy predator, the Tyrannosaurus from Episode 5.5 was very noisy in comparison, spending most of its time stomping around and roaring. This is possibly because it was a panicked animal in an unfamiliar environment, unlike Baba Yaga who had been living in the Siberian woods for some time and was used to it.
- The T. Rex in Episode 5.5 is a different in colour from Baba Yaga. While Baba Yaga was described as black with darker black stripes, the T. Rex in the show has a backside that is dark grey, and slowly fading to a lighter grey on the underparts, with some dark brown to pinkish patches on the head and neck.
- Tyrannosaurus was featured in a few promo for Primeval Series 5 by BBC UKTV. The models were similar but not the same.
|Older Novels Main Creatures|
|Totally Primeval Comic Strips Main Creatures|
|Eye Strain: Pterosaur
Picture This!: Tyrannosaurus Rex