|"I don't suppose you'd consider giving me a cool nickname would ya?"|
This article's title is a nickname, based upon conjecture or similar.
The correct title is unknown.
The Tunguskan Research Team is, in some ways, the Russian equivalent of the British Anomaly Research Centre, that is featured in the novel Extinction Event. This scientific operation observes the incursions of dinosaurs, which they name "erratics". They were responsible for the kidnap of Nick Cutter, Abby Maitland, and Connor Temple, in order to aid their work. Just as the Special Forces protect the scientists of the British ARC, soldiers of the Federal Security Services aided the scientists of this team.
It was only until the arrival of the British team that the Russians realized the existence of the anomalies; up to then, they believed that the "erratics" they were studying had somehow survived from extinction for millenia. With Connor's help, the team found a massive anomaly in Siberia through which the creatures were travelling too and from the late Cretaceous.
- General Markov – commanding officer
- Koshkin – FSB (Federal Security Services) special forces and operations soldier
- Shvachko - FSB special forces and operations soldier
- Umarov - FSB special forces and operations soldier
- Rina Suvova – head of scientific group, palaeontologist
- Nikolai Medyevin – scientist, palaeontologist (deceased)
- Sukhenkiy Yushenko – scientist, botanist (deceased)
- Grisha Bulov – scientist, conservationist
- Natacha Antila – physician, medical
- Yuri Torosyan – soldier (deceased)
- Vols - soldier
- FSB soldiers - Russian equivalents of the numerous SAS soldiers in the British ARC (numerous fatalities)