Wikia

Primeval Wiki

Do you like primeval New World?

    • not as much as the original

        Loading editor
    • it wont be the same as the old series, we wont get to see anymore of becker and jess to see what happens with their relationship and we wont get to see why a second version of matt appears and tells him to go back ??

        Loading editor
    • It's fairly good, but I'm really pissed off about the team's attitude towards the creatures. As a pacifist to all living things, I was really mad at Mac when he decided to kill the Lycaenops pair because they killed his girlfriend. They're predators, they kill things. They're just following their nature and there's no need to kill them out of blind revenge. Same with the Albertosaurus in Truth. I was relieved to find out that it was just a hallucination, meaning the real Albertosaurus is still safe. The ARC team respects the creatures, and goes out of their way to get them back home whenever they can. As for the Cross Photonics team, Dylan seems to be the only one with any common sense when it comes to the creatures.

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm.... really? Gorgonopsid, Arthropleura, Anurognathus.. all of them were killed, and that's just season 1

        Loading editor
    • 81.34.246.23 wrote:
      Hmmm.... really? Gorgonopsid, Arthropleura, Anurognathus.. all of them were killed, and that's just season 1


      Killing animals out of self-defence when there's no other option is a different matter. I just don't like the idea of killing animals out of revenge, like Mac did, and Evan tried to do. Revenge is not at all a good reason to kill. Not to mention that Lycaenops was a mammal ancestor, so for all we know Mac could have destroyed his own great-great-great-great-great-grandparents.

        Loading editor
    • I see your point, but... think about the lots of animals that have been killed in the original series: future predators, the camouflage beast, raptors, the Spinosaurus, terror birds, the Kaprosuchus... Most of them were self-defence, but characters don´t mind it...or not too much (maybe Abby). Usually they don't think in the consecuences.

      However, in New World,they  are talking about the importance of leave all where it comes from since the first episode. The Albertosaurus and Lycaenops cases are special, I think

        Loading editor
    • 79.147.219.141 wrote:
      I see your point, but... think about the lots of animals that have been killed in the original series: future predators, the camouflage beast, raptors, the Spinosaurus, terror birds, the Kaprosuchus... Most of them were self-defence, but characters don´t mind it...or not too much (maybe Abby). Usually they don't think in the consecuences.

      However, in New World,they  are talking about the importance of leave all where it comes from since the first episode. The Albertosaurus and Lycaenops cases are special, I think

      I guess you're right. I guess it's not really the attitude towards the creatures, so much as the fact that it's so different from the UK Primeval we all know and love. But I guess I should have seen that coming since it's a spinoff and isn't the exact same show. All the episodes I've seen so far have been ok, and I'll keep watching in the hopes that it will get better, I'm always optimistic about these things. The next episode is supposed to have a Triceratops, so I'm really looking forward to that since Triceratops is one of my favorite prehistoric animals. Plus Triceratops is an herbivore so hopefully no one's going to have to kill anyone. The original Primeval will always be my favorite, but I still hope New World returns for a second season.

        Loading editor
    • A lot of talk about killing the poor animals - I don't eat meat so I don't like to see animals hurt on TV so that is not my problem --- the problem I have with the original series is the fact they seem to be experts in culling thier own human characters? So its all right to avoid killing animals but kill humans instead? THAT was the reason I stopped watching it - I don't get a kick from seeing a character I have started to like to be killed --- that is poor writing! I know I'm a lonely voice in a big desert of people who just loved it --- so I hope you will respect my opinion about this --- also I loved Capt Ryan and feel they made a huge mistake in losing him! He deserved a longer run --- not an unmarked grave of a forgotten hero!

        Loading editor
    • I've been keeping up with New World, and i think there is definitely promise in what i've seen so far, however it just doesn't compare to the UK series.

      For me, Primeval was defined by its quirky characters - hence the reason why Connor Temple is so popular with the fans - however none of the Canadian team really strike me as intriguing characters with varying personalities.

      It's still a great spin off, and the creators have stuck to the original template the the UK version began with, you know, you've got the character who wants to protect the animals, the natural 'team leader', the techie and the 'guy with the guns' - all templates of the orginal Primeval team, however the characters just don't seem real enough to me.

      The only character that interests me is Mac, however, if i'm brutally honest with myself, the only reason for this is becuase i'm hoping that through Mac finding out about his 'past life' with the UK ARC team, we might find out more details about Connor, Abby, Matt, Becker and Jess.

        Loading editor
    • 86.27.244.4 wrote:
      I've been keeping up with New World, and i think there is definitely promise in what i've seen so far, however it just doesn't compare to the UK series.

      For me, Primeval was defined by its quirky characters - hence the reason why Connor Temple is so popular with the fans - however none of the Canadian team really strike me as intriguing characters with varying personalities.

      It's still a great spin off, and the creators have stuck to the original template the the UK version began with, you know, you've got the character who wants to protect the animals, the natural 'team leader', the techie and the 'guy with the guns' - all templates of the orginal Primeval team, however the characters just don't seem real enough to me.

      The only character that interests me is Mac, however, if i'm brutally honest with myself, the only reason for this is becuase i'm hoping that through Mac finding out about his 'past life' with the UK ARC team, we might find out more details about Connor, Abby, Matt, Becker and Jess.

      I agree. I never said I didn't like Mac. I was just annoyed with him during that one episode. In general, he's a pretty nice guy and an interesting character. And I agree that maybe we can find out more of the fate of the original ARC team through Mac. And as for you Appygirl, you really should watch series 2. I liked Ryan too and was disappointed when he died, but the series does get back on track and introduces some new and equally interesting characters to fill the void. My favorite character, however, is probably Connor. I enjoy his intelligent and quirky nature. But, let's face it folks. As much as I hate to admit it, the UK Primeval is dead, and we're just gonna have to make do with New World from now on. I, for one, can live with that. Thumbs up if you hope New World returns for a second season. (: (:

        Loading editor
    • I don't think it has been as good as the UK one so far, maybe it will get better though, I'll give it a chance. I think we all might be too used to the characters we know and love.

        Loading editor
    • So far in the 3 episodes that I have seen, it is not as good as Primeval.  The characters do not appear to have much subtilty about them and the creatures are just there to make up the numbers.  So far Connor has made a brief cameo role.  The 'helpful' guy appears to have another agenda when he 'stole' 2 young terror birds.  Have not seen a reoccurrence of the frozen ARC person that was in episode 1.

        Loading editor
    • I think it's quite good. I never really expected it to be as good as the UK series but it is still a pretty solid series. There are a few loose threads but I get the feeling that it all has to do with a greater series arc. One thing I did like was the change in dynamic. The team don't work for the government, they just try to fend for themselves and it is interesting to watch what they do and how they develop there ideas on how to combat the creatures and the anomalies. It's sort of like what would have happened if Cutter's team stopped working for the government...and if they owned a multi-million dollar technological company...

        Loading editor
    • Yes, I do, actually. True, some episodes are better than the others are, but so far the show is quite good and seems to be improving as the actors begin to get their ropes, so to speak.

        Loading editor
    • I've really enjoyed Primeval: New World so far. Watching at the Canadian pace, I've seen 12 of the 13 episodes so far and think it has grown better and better... a slight lull in the middle, but the final five episodes have been tremendously strong. The two-part finale sees a returning character, as well as a very iconic plot point that we didn't get see resolved from UK: Series 1. Attention to continuity has been brilliant, the creatures look the part, and the show has got rid of the ridiculous levels of cheesy goofiness it carried around in the UK after Series 1. 

      I'm undecided if I prefer New World or not yet, but it definitely has the potential to become my favourite. I'd love to see someone like Lester pop up in Series 2, maybe on an international relations visit or something. Would be brilliant :D

        Loading editor
    • I think some episodes can be better than others, and there have been more references of the ARC, and {SPOILER ALERT} in The Sound of Thunder they actually find out what 'ARC' means. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't like it at all, I prefer the UK Primeval, but i didn't like UK Primeval series 4 and 5, I wish and hope that if a UK Primeval Series 6 is made that, series 4 and 5 was just a dream that Connor or Abby had in the Cretaceous. 

        Loading editor
    • 78.145.88.111 wrote:
      I don't like it at all, I prefer the UK Primeval, but i didn't like UK Primeval series 4 and 5, I wish and hope that if a UK Primeval Series 6 is made that, series 4 and 5 was just a dream that Connor or Abby had in the Cretaceous. 

      No offense, but that would be an incredibly stupid plot if you ask me. And what was wrong with series 4 and 5? I thought they were just as good as the first three.

        Loading editor
    • 86.11.110.48 wrote:
      I've really enjoyed Primeval: New World so far. Watching at the Canadian pace, I've seen 12 of the 13 episodes so far and think it has grown better and better... a slight lull in the middle, but the final five episodes have been tremendously strong. The two-part finale sees a returning character, as well as a very iconic plot point that we didn't get see resolved from UK: Series 1. Attention to continuity has been brilliant, the creatures look the part, and the show has got rid of the ridiculous levels of cheesy goofiness it carried around in the UK after Series 1. 

      I'm undecided if I prefer New World or not yet, but it definitely has the potential to become my favourite. I'd love to see someone like Lester pop up in Series 2, maybe on an international relations visit or something. Would be brilliant :D

      Yeah, that would be great. I myself am hoping for some event that will bring the ARC and Cross Photonics together, and cause them to join forces and team up. Speaking of which, does anyone know yet whether or not New World is being renewed for a second season?

        Loading editor
    • It's also worth noting that apparently in part 2 of the season finale, Evan is finally going to meet up again with the Albertosaurus that killed his wife. So far we've only seen him in flashbacks, and it will be exciting to at last meet the monster that changed the team's lives forever. Of course, given Evan's intentions toward the hallucinated version of the Albertosaurus in episode 8, it's no wonder the dino's been hiding from him all these years. 

        Loading editor
    • 54.161.166.171
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki