|This article has been a 'Featured Article' on the Primeval Wiki home page. It is an excellent example of what a good Primeval Wiki article should be.|
|Episodes|| Episode 5.1|
|Broadcast||24 May 2011 - 28 June 2011|
|Preceded by||Series 4|
|Followed by||Primeval: New World|
Series 5 of Primeval, also known as Primeval V, is the fifth series of the original British Primeval television programme. Series 5 focuses primarily on Philip Burton's plans for the Anomalies and New Dawn, and on Matt Anderson's mission to stop New Dawn from destroying the future and how Connor and Abby's opposing allegiances affect their relationship.
Matt's secret mission to find the ARC member that will destroy the Future continues, as does Philip's New Dawn project for the Anomalies. After Abby learns of Matt's mission, the latter recruits her into it, while Connor instead joins Philip in the New Dawn project. Connor and Abby's opposing allegiances in turn strains their relationship more and more.
Matt and Abby's fears that New Dawn is what will destroy the Future are soon confirmed, and after Connor realises his error, he and the rest of the ARC team join Matt and Abby against Philip as the latter activates New Dawn. Although Philip successfully activates New Dawn, the team manage to stop New Dawn and save the Future. However, Matt then sees a double of him at the ARC which gives him a warning.
|31||Mark Everest||Chris Lang||24 May, 2011|
|32||Robert Quinn||Steve Bailie||31 May, 2011|
|33||Robert Quinn||Paul Mousley|
|7 June, 2011|
|34||Robert Quinn||Helen Raynor||14 June, 2011|
|35||Cilla Ware||Michael A. Walker||21 June, 2011|
|36||Cilla Ware||Steve Bailie|
|28 June, 2011|
Cast and charactersEdit
Main cast and charactersEdit
- Ciarán McMenamin as Matt Anderson
- Andrew-Lee Potts as Connor Temple
- Hannah Spearritt as Abby Maitland
- Ben Mansfield as Hilary Becker
- Ruth Kearney as Jess Parker
- Ben Miller as James Lester
- Alexander Siddig as Philip Burton
- Janice Byrne as April Leonard
- Ruth Bradley as Emily Merchant
Guest cast and charactersEdit
- Lucy Vigne Walsh as Reece
- Patrick Murray as Anthony
- Tony Kelly as Shaw
- Allen Leech as Sam Leonard
- Bosco Hogan as Marston
- Stephen Hogan as Henry Merchant
- Ciarán McMenamin as Second Matt Anderson
- Giant Burrowing Insect - Episode 5.1
- Liopleurodon - Episode 5.2
- Swimming Theropod - Episode 5.2
- Raptor - Episode 5.3
- Future Beetle - Episode 5.4
- Coelurosauravus (Rex) - Episode 5.4
- Tyrannosaurus Rex - Episode 5.5
- Columbian Mammoth - Episode 5.5 (stock footage)
- Kaprosuchus - Episode 5.5
- Anurognathus - Episode 5.5
- Tree Creeper - Episode 5.5
- Mutated Future Predator - Episode 5.6
- Nuclear Submarine
- Hannah Spearritt stated that a Thrinaxodon would appear in Series 5, but this apparently did not happen.
- The Pliosaurs from Episode 5.2 were originally seen in a Series 4 script shown by Adrian Hodges in an interview, before the cancellation and revival of Primeval.
- Tim Haines stated that the Balaur would appear in Episode 5.3, but it is now believed that he was actually referring to the Swimming Theropod in Episode 5.2.
- Before Series 4 even aired, a Primeval fan posted fan-made episode plots on the web which were falsely claimed to be leaked canon plots.
- After Series 4 finished on ITV1, many fans began to speculate that Philip Burton would create the Future Predators, and some that he would mutate Connor Temple into one. This was proven completely false.
- There were numerous other rumours involving Connor, including rumours that he would die in Series 5 (some of these rumours that Philip would shoot him), and rumours that he would leave Abby Maitland for a relationship with April. These were confirmed to be false.
- After the rumours surrounding Episode 4.7 of a creature incursion within the ARC and the creatures in the Menagerie becoming involved in a huge battle were proved false, rumours began that this would happen in Series 5 and that this would mark the return of Sid and Nancy.
Behind the scenesEdit
- See full article: Watch's Series 5 Promotions
- Primeval recommissioned
- Impossible Pictures - Primeval Series 5
- Watch - Primeval
- Andrew-Lee Pott's Facebook profile images - one of which is from behind the scenes of Series 5
- TV.com - Primeval - Hannah Spearritt Interview Part 2
- SFX - Primeval Movie and Series Five
- Primeval panel at SFX Weekender 2 - Tim Haines confirms "Swimming Raptors"
- Primeval screening panel at SFX Weekender 2
- Primeval Series 5 Brochure
- Geek Syndicate Episode 180 (with Primeval Co-Creator Adrian Hodges Interview)
- CULTFIX.com - Primeval: 10 Series 5 Teasers
- Image of Stephen Hogan as Henry Merchant
- Australian Watch Series 4 re-run Promo with T.rex at the end
- 'Primeval': Series 5 return date announced
- 'Primeval': Series 5 storyline details revealed
- PRIMEVAL: SEXY JAN IS TROUBLE
- TN|Enterprises - Janice Byrne
- Primeval Series 5: episode guide