- « "They're back and they're hungry." »
- — Season tagline
Primeval: New World is a Canadian television programme, and a spin-off to the original British Primeval series. New World is set in Vancouver, Canada, and follows a new Anomaly research team: Evan Cross' Special Projects Group.
Space originally announced on 7 March, 2012 that production for Primeval: New World was underway. One season of Primeval: New World containing thirteen one-hour episodes was subsequently produced and developed in association with Space and Impossible Pictures.
Primeval: New World follows the Special Projects Group of Cross Photonics - a team of animal experts and scientists led by Cross Photonics visionary inventor Evan Cross - and their investigation into the Anomalies and their attempts to combat the creatures which come through them and put them back where they belong to stop history from changing.
The first and only season of Primeval: New World, Season 1 focuses primarily on how the Special Projects Group members' protects the public from the creatures and Anomalies, as well as discovering the events, secrets and circumstances surrounding the 2006 Albertosaurus incursion which led to the team coming together in the first place. The season also has a secondary focus on Colonel Henderson Hall's secret plans for the Anomalies and the creatures through Project Magnet.
|The New World||1||Martin Wood||Judith Reeves-Stevens|
|29 October, 2012|
|Visionary inventor Evan Cross and his Special Projects Group, and Predator Control officer Dylan Weir, investigate Anomalies in Stanley Park; and soon they find a vicious Pteranodon stalking the skies over the city, and deadly Utahraptors stalking the Park. When the Pteranodon abducts a young boy, the team are sent into a race against time to save him from the creature. Meanwhile, after the team learn of what the Anomalies are, Evan's old friend and business partner Angelika Finch searches for help dealing with the threat from the long-forgotten Project Magnet.|
|Sisiutl||2||Andy Mikita||Judith Reeves-Stevens|
|5 November, 2012|
|Evan and Mac investigate an Anomaly signal at disputed First Nations territory, and find a giant, prehistoric sea serpent terrorising the local coastal waters. Meanwhile, Dylan is led to the creature incursion by a local young man who is convinced the creature is a mythical sea monster, and Dylan faces a crossroads between her lifelong dream job and the job she feels is right when Evan offers to recruit her into the Special Projects Group.|
|Fear of Flying||3||Mike Rohl||Jon Cooksey||12 November, 2012|
|When a cargo plane disappears into an Anomaly at an airport, Evan and Dylan attempt a search and rescue mission into the distant and dangerous past filled with swarms of carnivorous beetles. Meanwhile, a giant beetle enters the present, and Mac and his girlfriend Samantha go on a bug hunt before the present gets infested with carnivorous beetles.|
|Angry Birds||4||Andy Mikita||Gillian Horvath||19 November, 2012|
|The Special Projects Group investigate an Anomaly at an abandoned train yard, where Evan and Dylan are taken hostage by a duo of drug dealers, and the team soon learn that a group of deadly Titanis walleri have come through the Anomaly and are prowling the area. Meanwhile, Toby joins the SPG on her first creature incursion in the field, and Ken Leeds becomes comes to help and gets caught up in the hunt.|
|Undone||5||Mike Rohl||Sarah Dodd||26 November, 2012|
|University students are put in danger when a Lycaenops comes through an Anomaly onto campus in the middle of Frosh Week. Evan chooses to take the Lycaenops back to Cross Photonics to hold it there until the Anomaly reopens, with disastrous consequences.|
|Clean Up on Aisle Three||6||Amanda Tapping||Peter Hume||3 December, 2012|
|Evan, Dylan and Mac confront a pack of Daemonosaurus that have taken over a Canadian Tire Store, while Mac still deals with the emotional aftermath of the Lycaenops incident. Meanwhile, Ange and Ken Leeds discuss their future with the Special Projects Group.|
|Babes in the Woods||7||Andy Mikita||Katherine Collins||10 December, 2012|
|When an Anomaly on Mount Seymour releases deadly Ornitholestes near a Fatal Babes photoshoot, Toby is forced to reveal her past to her present friends, while protecting her old ones including her ex from the hungry predators. Meanwhile, Ange decides to join the SPG against the Ornitholestes.|
|Truth||8||Amanda Tapping||Gillian Horvath||17 December, 2012|
|After dealing with a Pachycephalosaurus rampaging in the city, Evan falls under the influence of prehistoric hallucinogens and begins seeing the Albertosaurus that killed his wife at Cross Photonics. With the entire building in lockdown and the delirious Evan becoming an increasing threat to the rest of the Special Projects Group, the team discover and are forced to face the terrible events and secrets that brought them together.|
|Breakthrough||9||Andy Mikita||Judith Reeves-Stevens|
|22 January, 2013|
|When footage of a Triceratops in a wealthy Vancouver neighbourhood goes viral on the internet, Evan and Dylan head out to find the creature and run into Evan's old business rival. Meanwhile, Toby struggles to contain the viral Triceratops video, while Mac continues to grapple with the truth about his alternate self and struggles to understand who he really is.|
|The Great Escape||10||Amanda Tapping||Dennis Heaton||29 January, 2013|
|Evan and Dylan find themselves hunting another Terror Bird in the city, which they soon find out is none other than Leggy, the baby that Ken Leeds secretly kept. The hunt quickly turns into a race to reach Leggy when the military arrives, led by Major Douglas, with orders to recapture Leggy and return it to their research lab.|
|The Inquisition||11||Martin Wood||Jon Cooksey||5 February, 2013|
|Dylan and Mac go on an infiltration mission to learn the truth about what is really going on at the military's secret lab, while Evan is pulled into a meeting with Colonel Hall where he discovers what the military is really planning with the Anomalies.|
|The Sound of Thunder: Part 1||12||Martin Wood||Peter Hume||12 February, 2013|
|After Toby is stung by a venomous Brontoscorpio, Evan and Dylan are forced to follow the scorpion through an Anomaly to retrieve a sample of its venom. However, when the duo find that the Anomaly is part of a whole temporal junction of Anomalies, Evan and Dylan must not only find which of the many Anomalies the Brontoscorpio is on the other side of, before Toby dies, and retrieve the scorpion's venom; but they must also ensure that Colonel Hall doesn't learn of the junction and use it for his own purposes.|
|The Sound of Thunder: Part 2||13||Martin Wood||Gillian Horvath|
|19 February, 2013|
|After meeting up with Connor Temple, Evan and Dylan find that the Albertosaurus that is meant to go to 2006 and kill Evan's wife there has been captured by Project Magnet, and they are running out of time to send it to 2006 to ensure history happens the way it was meant to.|
- Niall Matter as Evan Cross
- Sara Canning as Dylan Weir
- Danny Rahim as Mac Rendell
- Crystal Lowe as Toby Nance
- Geoff Gustafson as Lieutenant Ken Leeds
- Miranda Frigon as Angelika Finch
- Tom Butler as Tony Drake
- Andrew-Lee Potts as Connor Temple
- Adrian Holmes as Detective Harlow
- Jodi Balfour as Samantha Sedaris
- Kimberly Sustad as Brooke Cross
- Louis Ferriera as Colonel Henderson Hall
- Dan Payne as Major Douglas
- Eric Breker as Sergeant Macready
- William Belleau as Leo John
- Sandy Sidhu as Pallavi Grewal
- Patrick Gilmore as Blake
- Kett Turton as Skeezer
- Colin Ferguson as Howard Kanan
- Lexa Doig as Doctor Mara Fridkin
- Robert Lawrenson as Kieran Coles
- Jurassic Beetle
- Titanis walleri
- Giant Dragonfly
- Canada - SPACE
- United Kingdom - Watch
- United States of America - SyFy and Hulu
- France - SyFy
- Germany - ProSieben
- Turkey - D-Smart
- Italy - AXN Sci-Fi
- Poland - Sci-Fi Channel
- Slovenia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Croatia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Kosovo - Sci-Fi Channel
- Macedonia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Serbia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Montenegro - Sci-Fi Channel
- Bosnia Herzegovina - Sci-Fi Channel
- Albania - Sci-Fi Channel
There were some shots, clips and scenes that were included in some airings of Primeval: New World but omitted from others:
- The New World - In the UK version of the episode, there was a deleted scene where, after returning to the Tank from the Anomaly hunt with Drake in Stanley Park, Evan has a more extended flashback of the 2006 Albertosaurus incursion. Also, due to this, the flashback to the 2006 incursion at the end of The New World is shorter than in the Canadian airing.
- Clean Up on Aisle Three - In a deleted scene available on the UK release of the episode, after the Canadian Tire security guard's body and the Hindu artefact are found, Dylan sings a Hindu lullaby as Mac and Evan watch, then explains the song's significance to them.
- Babes in the Woods - In the UK version of the episode, there is an extra, epilogue scene at the end, in which Ken Leeds and Major Douglas discuss Leeds' loyalties at the military laboratory.
On 21 February 2013, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Primeval: New World had been cancelled after a single season. Low ratings for the series caused Space and Bell Media to decide against renewing the show for a second season. However, attempts have been made to try and change the decision to cancel Primeval: New World and get the show renewed for a second season.
- The New World season was split into two parts, the first part consisting of episodes 1 - 8, and the second of episodes 9 - 13.
- Primeval: New World has not featured any creatures from the future, excluding the ARC team from the near future in The Sound of Thunder: Part 2.
- Connor Temple is the only character form the original Primeval show to make an appearance in Primeval: New World.