- « "They're back and they're hungry." »
- — Season tagline
Primeval: New World was a Canadian television programme, and a spin-off to the original British Primeval series. New World was set in Vancouver, Canada, and followed a new Anomaly research team: the Special Projects Group.
Space originally announced on 7 March, 2012 that production for Primeval: New World was underway. One season of Primeval: New World containing thirteen 45 minute episodes was subsequently produced and developed in association with Space and Impossible Pictures.
On 21 February 2013, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Primeval: New World had been cancelled after a single season. Low ratings for the series caused Space and Bell Media to decide against renewing the show for a second season. However, attempts have been made to try and change the decision to cancel Primeval: New World and get the show renewed for a second season. As of 2016, New World still had not been revived.
Primeval: New World follows the Special Projects Group of Cross Photonics - a team of animal experts and scientists led by Cross Photonics visionary inventor Evan Cross - and their investigation into the Anomalies and their attempts to combat the creatures which come through them and put them back where they belong to stop history from changing.
As the team slowly discovers the events, secrets and circumstances surrounding the 2006 Albertosaurus incursion which led to the team coming together in the first place, a secondary focus is on Colonel Hall's secret plans for the Anomalies and the creatures through Project Magnet.
- Niall Matter as Evan Cross
- Sara Canning as Dylan Weir
- Danny Rahim as Mac Rendell
- Crystal Lowe as Toby Nance
- Geoff Gustafson as Lieutenant Ken Leeds
- Miranda Frigon as Angelika Finch
- Tom Butler as Tony Drake
- Andrew-Lee Potts as Connor Temple
- Adrian Holmes as Detective Harlow
- Jodi Balfour as Samantha Sedaris
- Kimberly Sustad as Brooke Cross
- Louis Ferriera as Colonel Henderson Hall
- Dan Payne as Major Douglas
- Eric Breker as Sergeant Macready
- William Belleau as Leo John
- Sandy Sidhu as Pallavi Grewal
- Patrick Gilmore as Blake
- Kett Turton as Skeezer
- Colin Ferguson as Howard Kanan
- Lexa Doig as Doctor Mara Fridkin
- Robert Lawrenson as Kieran Coles
- Canada - SPACE
- United Kingdom - Watch
- United States of America - SyFy and Hulu
- France - SyFy nrj12
- Germany - ProSieben
- Turkey - D-Smart
- Italy - AXN Sci-Fi
- Poland - Sci-Fi Channel
- Slovenia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Croatia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Kosovo - Sci-Fi Channel
- Macedonia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Serbia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Montenegro - Sci-Fi Channel
- Bosnia Herzegovina - Sci-Fi Channel
- Albania - Sci-Fi Channel
The DVD release of Primeval: New World includes several modified and additional scenes in some episodes, that were not in the original Canadian broadcast version:
- The New World - Evan has his flashback of the 2006 Albertosaurus incursion after returning to the Tank from the Anomaly hunt with Drake in Stanley Park instead of at the end of the episode.
- Clean Up on Aisle Three - After the Canadian Tire security guard's body and the Hindu artefact are found, Dylan sings a Hindu lullaby as Mac and Evan watch, then explains the song's significance to them.
- Babes in the Woods - At the very end, there is an epilogue scene at the end, in which Ken Leeds and Major Douglas arrive back at the military laboratory from Mount Seymour and discuss the former's loyalties.
- Primeval: New World was split into two parts, the first part consisting of episodes 1 - 8, and the second of episodes 9 - 13.
- New World never featured any creatures from the future.
- Primeval: New World's website claimed that sixteen CGI models were created for the series but only twelve prehistoric creatures were seen and one present day bear.
- Some early synopsis' of the series said that Connor Temple would travel to Vancouver, in the first episode, to set up a new Anomaly research team, however, he just encountered the SPG.
|2012 airing: The New World • Sisiutl • Fear of Flying • Angry Birds • Undone • Clean Up on Aisle Three • Babes in the Woods • Truth|
2013 airing: Breakthrough • The Great Escape • The Inquisition • The Sound of Thunder: Part 1 • The Sound of Thunder: Part 2