|"I don't suppose you'd consider giving me a cool nickname would ya?"|
This article's title is a nickname, based upon conjecture or similar.
The correct title is unknown.
The Huge Hippopotamus was a creature mentioned in a radio news broadcast heard by you. It is said that a man was apparently trampled to death by 'an unusually huge hippopotamus'. Presumably, it was a creature incursion caused by an anomaly and the news story was a cover-up by the ARC. (Primeval Evolved Intro) Despite being called a huge hippopotamus, the creature could have been anything large enough to crush a human, and not necessarily a hippo.
- It is possible for the Hippopotamus to be an Embolotherium, a Scutosaurus, or, most likely, something which the team has never encoutered on screen, like a Hippopotamus gorgops. The latter suggestion (Hippopotamus gorgops) appears to be the most likely identification, for this creature, since the description "Huge Hippopotamus" is the most similar, to this creature.
- This creature may have been a Toxodon from Tim Haines's Prehistoric Park.
- This creature could also probably be a Moeritherium.
- This creature may also be any type of medium sized dinosaur, such as Anatotitan or Ankylosaurus.
- The creature could even be a Deinotherium.
- It may have been a Gorgonopsid(unlikely)or even an Iguanodon.