An Entelodon (also known as pigs from hell ) are an extinct family of pig-like omnivores of Eurasia/North America in the Oligocene.
Entelodons have bulky bodies, but short, slender legs, and long muzzles, standing up to 2 metres tall at the shoulder, with brains the size of an orange. They were apex predators but competed with other predators such as Hyaenodon.
Incursions and encounters
A pair of Entelodon came through an Anomaly in a theatre on Oxford Street. One remained in the theatre while the other rampaged through the street, killing three people, leaving a woman scared and covered with its drool and damaging cars and buses. Jake Hemple followed Cutter's orders to tranquilise it so that it could be sent back through the anomaly. Connor and Abby located the theatre anomaly, and encountered the other Entelodont which chased Connor before it went out onto the street and attacked Jenny, who was in Cutter's car. Jenny reached safety, but the Entelodon was charging too fast to be tranquilized as well, so Cutter reluctantly ordered its death. Later the first Entelodon was sent back through the anomaly.
- This is the true first creature encountered by the team after the death of Stephen Hart as Extinction Event was said to be before Episode 3.1.
- Entelodons also appeared Impossible Pictures in Walking with Beasts.
- Its possible that the unknown Anomaly that opened up during Stephen Harts funeral was the Entelodon incursion.
- Entelodon was originally going to appear in Episode 3.1 but it was replaced by Pristichampsus.
- The Entelodon's rampage in the streets of London is likely a reference to the 1925 film The Lost World where a Brontosaurus rampages throughout London.
|Wikipedia has a more detailed and comprehensive article on Entelodon!|